On 15.06.2015 08:52, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> Perhaps there is a misunderstanding here, so let me confirm also what Joerg
> said: At this point we're interested in discussion repository dependencies. I
> understand that are somewhat parallel to the qt module dependencies and I
> also
> understand that a full build system "evaluation" is required to entirely
> reduce the duplication. However at this point we're interested in taking one
> step into a more modular direction for the repositories only.
>
> As it stands today, in order for a repository to be built by the current CI
> system, it has to be included in qt5.git. This is an unfortunate artifact of
> the way the system builds but I'm not convinced that it is a restriction we
> want to impose on contributed repositories. Therefore the new CI system does
> not require this.

maybe I misunderstood .. but are you saying that it is a hard
requirement to be registered in qt5.git in order to able to be part of
the current CI ?

how did https://codereview.qt-project.org/96072 and
https://codereview.qt-project.org/98297 get merged by the current CI then ?

> I think it would boil down to:
>
> 1) If you want your Qt module(s) to be part of a Qt release, then your
> repository needs to be registered in qt5.git and it will following the Qt
> product branching. So your 5.6 branch has to build and work against the 5.6
> branch of all the modules coming from depending repositories.
>
> 2) If you are not part of a Qt release yet but you would still like to use
> the
> continuous integration system, then your code has to build and work against
> the dev branch of the modules coming from depending repositories.
>
> Not perfect, no :). But an improvement IMHO. I think we want modules to
> become
> part of the Qt release and product, and we also want to allowing for
> automated
> testing as soon as possible.

I would say this is mostly how it works today the current CI unless I am
really out-of-date :)

cheers,
--
Sergio Ahumada