On 2016-09-20 15:18, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> 20.09.2016, 22:11, "Matthew Woehlke" <mwoehlke.fl...@gmail.com>:
>> That works with e.g. make/ninja, but not so well with VS, but that's a
>> VS failing that I don't see how Qbs could overcome, given that VS *is*
>> the build tool and doesn't AFAIK support dynamic build graphs.
>
> QBS does not use VS as a build tool, it is not a project generator

...but that's sort of my point; calling CMake deficient because it can't
do something that Qbs can't do either is disingenuous.

Saying "oh, but Qbs just tells VS to invoke Qbs" isn't really better;
there is no reason (besides "no one has implemented it") why CMake
couldn't do the same thing with e.g. ninja as the build driver. (And
either case assumes you don't include the generated files in the VS
project, or both will still have VS complaining about reloading the
project...)

--
Matthew