We've got a number of issues that got fixed in 5.7 by the change that made
QFactoryLoader stop unloading plugins (notably, the Network Manager bearer
plugin). Given that QtDBus in 5.6 is now heavily threaded, a number of new
issues have cropped up. I've managed to fix some, but reports from Ubuntu
developers indicate the latest fix only uncovered the next issue.

If we do stop unloading, the problem goes away.

So, ok to backport?

See https://codereview.qt-project.org/172014 (original