El domingo, 26 de agosto de 2018 20:12:51 -03 Kevin Kofler escribió:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Also note that QML files are usually cross-platform too and could be
> > shared. Any non-cross-platform QML file should be selected by the source
> > via QFileSelector. Plugins, however, are arch-dependent and should live in
> > an arch-dependent dir. That would mean splitting the "qml" dir in two:
> >
> > <prefix>/lib/qml
> > <prefix>/share/qml
> >
> > I don't see us spending the effort...
>
> That would also help multilib GNU/Linux distributions though, because right
> now we have to treat all QML-only packages as arch-specific just because of
> the installation path. Having the QML files themselves in /usr/share would
> allow us to make those packages noarch.

That's right, it will allow less disk usage for sure. But I don't know up to
which point is a "nice to have" feature or something that would really
decrease disk usage.

It is not strange to have more than one arch headers installed if cross
compiling, but QML packages are, and please correct me if I'm wrong, only
needed at run/develop time, but not while building.

But again, it would be nice to have it for sure.

--
I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
 -- Groucho Marx

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/