On 29/01/2020 17:02, Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
On 29 Jan 2020, at 15:20, Benjamin TERRIER <b.terr...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 14:10, Cristián Maureira-Fredes
<cristian.maureira-fre...@qt.io> wrote:
but for Windows/macOS this might have three solutions (maybe more):
- Using package managers that provide Qt,
- Download and compile Qt by themselves,
- Create an account and use the installer.

How is any of these a solution to the fact that your a putting a barrier for
new users?
These are just 3 bad solutions to a problem that did not exist yesterday and
that we have to deal with
because you removed the 2 main points of entry for new Qt users: the offline
installer and
the non-privacy-violating online installer.
Hm, if the problem didn’t exist, then why did the solutions exist? Package
managers on Windows and macOS provide Qt in the past, after all, and

$ sudo apt-get install -y qtcreator
PS C:\Users\vohi> choco install qtcreator
$ brew install qt-creator

give me a Qt development environment on Linux, Windows, and macOS.
As much as I love chocolatey, everybody is talking about installing Qt, and you are showing how to install Qt Creator - what is the connection?

Right now, there are no way to install Qt itself with chocolatey.
I would be more than happy if The Qt Company was providing chocolatey packages for Qt, but it doesn't seem to take this road :)

Cheers,
Nicolas