" will the owners of a commercial license be given access to the branch? "

=> Yes.

Yours,

        Tuukka

On 29.1.2020, 13.21, "Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development"
<development@qt-project.org> wrote:

    Hi,

    Il 29/01/20 11:02, Edward Welbourne ha scritto:
    > They'll be cherry-picked
    > from there to a (presumably) private branch (maybe on a private repo),
    > so you won't necessarily see the cherry-picked versions, only the dev
    > versions.  So any time the cherry-pick requires adaptation to the LTS,
    > those running the fork above would need to duplicate the adaptation.

    Thanks for the further clarifications. There's still plenty of
    uncertainty in the above message, though (presumably, maybe,
    necessarily), when are we going to know more about these details?
    Ultimately, it boils down to: will the 5.15 branch become private or not?

    On a similar issue: will the owners of a commercial license be given
    access to the branch? (Will it become TQC private, or TQC+commercial
    private?). The point being, will the commercial licensees know exactly
    which patches (already landed on dev) have been cherry picked and when
    (which release contains a given patch)?

    Cheers,
    --
    Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer