Apologies. Turns out my rootfs did not have enough remaining space. After deleting previous images, both snap and deb worked.

Cheers,
kyleN

On 02/17/2017 04:05 AM, Lukasz Zemczak wrote:
Hello Kyle!

I was unable to reproduce the issue with the .deb 0.15 xenial
ubuntu-image using the standard pc-amd64-model.assertion for building
the image (+ the additional size constraint). Is your model using any
different partition scheme? As per Steve's request, we'd need to get
all the possible details since we did change the way we partition the
image. Could you also check and see if the issue is reproducible in
the deb-based ubuntu-image that's in xenial-proposed?

Cheers,

On 17 February 2017 at 01:05, Steve Langasek