> Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
>> It's a big NO-NO!
>
> I still feel that the vast majority of users would rather not have to
> deal with two installers when they only expect to deal with one.

It's a tough one.  On the one hand, we should be asking the users where
they want to install Java, because Java != Freenet.  On the other hand,
installing Java to a non-local directory (e.g. installing Java to
C:\Program Files\ ...) smacks too much of allowing the user to do what
they want with Java, where we should really be hiding the fact that
Freenet uses Java.

I don't believe the online installer gives us such a restriction, however.
 I haven't tried running the Java online installer in silent mode yet, but
how about:

1.  Freenet installer asks where the Freenet software should be installed
2.  Freenet installer asks separately where shared system files should be
installed
3.  If Java not detected, the Freenet installer uses that second path to
install Java using Sun's online installer?