On 28/01/17 15:57, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The poll concluded a few weeks back and exceeded its hopstolive.ยน We
> should adhere to it and spend the money. I think we should start by
> writing offers in Freenet forums to pay people to do the highest ranking
> tasks and move to later tasks when the initial tasks are done.
>

> These are the two top tasks (they came out on top in every evaluation):
>

> (1) Title: *Darknet invitation bundles*
>       executable. People could hand out the installer executable to
>       their friends to allow them to connect by Darknet instantly. See
>       - https://bugs.freenetproject.org/view.php?id=166#c11290
>       (an overview of the requirements and options for invites) and
>       - https://bugs.freenetproject.org/view.php?id=1342
>       ("create a bundle installer")
>     Estimated cost: 1 to 1.125 weeks (~ 1000$ to 1250$)

IMHO this is more work because making it work well pulls in a lot of
other stuff, e.g. FOAF connections, using your well-connected peer to
answer your invites, etc. Obviously we should do it but somebody needs
to look carefully at the scope of the problem. We can do it in pieces,
but you've already proposed at least two of the components above.