Am Mittwoch 22 April 2009 15:15:07 schrieb VolodyA! V Anarhist:
> > Wouldn't IRC/Jabber break anonymity ?
> >
> > Or, maybe you're speaking of IRC/Jabber over Freenet and i'm wrong ...
>
> It would only let people know that you are running Freenet, not what you
> are doing with it. And whom you are compromising that information to is
> also an issue, if you only announce to your friends that you are willing to
> connect to anyhow that you are using Freenet, then you aren't compromised
> any more than you would otherwise.

It wouldn't even let unrelated people know you're running freenet. They would
only know that you're running a jabber server (which can easily explain
strange encrypted traffic :) ).

And as you said, the jabber server would only be open to your freenet
contacts, and they have your IP anyway.

I don't know about all jabber internals, but if it would be open only for your
friends, you'd be as safe as you already are when runnign freenet.

Best wishes,
Arne

--
-- Ein W?rfel System: http://1w6.org - einfach saubere (Rollenspiel-) Regeln.