On Friday, March 16, 2018 08:32:42 PM Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From my side, it’s finally time to create a release from next. The steps
> I see are:
>
> - ship jna.jar as new dependency and add it to wrapper.conf
> - ship freenet.jar as built from gradle
>
> Did I miss something?

Travis CI unit tests were disabled by Florent on Java 7 (which Ubuntu still
ships and maintains) which hides the failure of a crypto test.

I filed a PR to re-enable them to force us to fix the test failure.
But he closed it due to what could from an optimistic point of view be
paraphrased as a repeated misunderstanding:
https://github.com/freenet/fred/pull/623

It could be interpreted as him believing the PR would intend to fix the unit
test failure, which it doesn't so he closed it.
It doesn't intend to fix the test failure as I'm not qualified to review
crypto code.

It intends to fix the fact that the failures were hidden by disabling *all*
tests for OpenJDK 7, and it succeeds at that.
Which is a valid concern IMHO, automated unit tests exist for a reason and
that reason is that they should fail if there is breakage until the breakage
is fixed.

FWIW as Florent seems to not enjoy such basic code quality measures very much
I would focus on delivering a fix to the crypto test failure along with the PR
to re-enable the tests so it's easier for him to swallow that pill along with
something sweet.