+1 for removing DOM4J, it's been dead for 10 years.

But why do we need a non w3c library at all? Why is JDOM better than DOM?

The main reason is that it is supposedly easier to use for Java
programmers, but is it that much easier to justify having different
APIs? The standard DOM is part of the Java language.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu