Hi devs,

We have 2 issues right now when installing an extension in XWiki:

1) It’s not clear where is the entry point of that extension.
- Example1: an app that is only for admins and only has a ConfigurableClass
- Example2: an app that provides a macro and doesn’t have a UI

2) Even when an extension registers itself in the Applications Panel, the user
still need to refresh the page or navigate away to see it.

* Introduce the concept of Entry point (a.k.a home page) in Extension metadata
* Have the EM UI display the extension’s entry point (when there’s one) after
having installed the extension so that the user can click on it and be taken to
the home page of the extension.

This would make extensions more discoverable IMO.

Implementation Details

* Some maven extension metadata properties in pom.xml

* A format to represent an entry point. It shouldn’t be a full URL since that
needs to be computed at runtime. Basically it should contain:
** The document reference
** The action to use (view, admin, etc) - optional, should default to “view"
** The query string to use - optional, should default to an empty query string

This corresponds to the notion of ResourceReference (EntityResourceReference to
be precise). However we don’t have any textual representation of it ATM.

WDYT? Good idea? Bad idea?