Hi everyone,

I was checking our list of flickering tests in JIRA (https://jira.xwiki.org/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%20flickering%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC) and I noticed that we had somehow old flickering test issue concerning test that I've never seen failing.

So I propose we close some of them as inactive: the ones that we don't remember having seen for a while. The ideal would be to have a mechanism to update the issue when the CI fails on a flicker, but it takes time to do properly and it's not a priority.

On the contrary I propose to trust our memory: if we're wrong because we have closed a flicker that is still happening, it will allow us to remind that we have this flicker to fix and we can easily reopen the issue.

As Thomas mentioned on the chat, we should also update the release plan to include the inactive flickers in the list of issue to check.

So for now I propose to close the following list of issues as inactive:

* XWIKI-14399: AddRemoveTagsTest#addAndDeleteTagFromTagPage is flickering (https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14399) * XWIKI-14396: AnnotationsTest#addAndDeleteAnnotations is flickering (https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14396) * XWIKI-14394: SectionTest.testSectionEditInWikiEditorWhenSyntax2x (xwiki-enterprise-test-ui) is flaky (https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14394) * XWIKI-14386: appwithinminutes.AppsLiveTableTest.testEditApplication is possibly flaky (https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14386) * XWIKI-14835: DeletePageTest#deletePageIsImpossibleWhenNoDeleteRights is flickering (https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14835) * XWIKI-14860: LoginTest#testDataIsPreservedAfterLogin is flickering (https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14860)

And I propose in general to close the flickers we don't remember having seen after a cycle as inactive.

WDYT?

Simon
--
Simon Urli