On 09/16/2016 07:44 PM, Mustafa Musaji wrote:
I tried to install CDK 2.1 with 2.0 still on my machine as I didn't want to remove it.

It turns out it's not that hard but no documentation around this that I could find. The installation guide assumes it's a clean install.

Can we add a section to the docs or adjust the installer so it's easier to do this and not remove the previous installed version? Furthermore, is there any way to actually upgrade and is this something we are thinking of doing?

Steps that need to be added change the Vagrant file in the CDK directory

  config.vm.box = "cdkv2.1"

Change the box name to the same as above

vagrant box add --name *cdkv2.1* ~/Downloads/rhel-cdk-kubernetes-7.2*.x86_64.vagrant-libvirt.box

Under $HOME/.vagrant/boxes/cdkv2.1/0/libvirt edit the Vagrant file and add the line

 libvirt.random_hostname = 'true'

To create a domain name with extra information on the end to prevent hostname conflicts [1] i.e. with the CDK 2.0 install that uses "rhel-ose-default" and if you already have another installed it doesn't work.

Your observations are right. You can change of the directory name. At this point this use case is not documented. We should document this in CDK documentation. I will open a Jira issue for this. Apart from the above points you have mentioned you also need to change the private IP in one of the Vagrantfile to make it work.

-Lala

Please point me to the JIRA instance if this is easier discussed and handled via JIRA. If there's a better way of doing this also please let me know. I am no expert when it comes to vagrant or libvirt.

Thanks
Mus

[1] https://github.com/vagrant-libvirt/vagrant-libvirt#provider-options <https://github.com/vagrant-libvirt/vagrant-libvirt#provider-options>