On 3 March 2010 11:34, Saptarshi Purkayastha <sun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok... since we are talking about Postgres and removing mysql support... has
> anyone seen that postgres on Windows is not actually a service and is
> started/stopped through a cygwin.
> There are other things to consider about MySQL is the separation of storage
> engines and SQL. If MySQL with oracle is question then we could always use
> MariaDB (the full suite) or XtraDB as the engine.

nice to see the safety net - just in case :-)  I don't think I have I
have heard anyone talk of dropping mysql support.  I think that would
be grossly premature.  Jason is trying to build an installer with
which bundle postgres.  I am sure the same could be done with mysql.
As far as dhis2-live is concerned it is (so far) not dependent on any
of the three and I think it should remain that way.