Quoting Mary Dawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Do you think that the digital divide runs much deeper than the 'haves'
> and 'have not's' though?

I certainly think so. I'm discouraged that few discussions about the
"digital divide" talk about how people using assistive
technologies/who have disabilities are locked out of the digital
world, particularly Web 2.0, only because of the design choices that
have been made. I'm also discouraged at the lack of discussion
regarding how design choices are leaving out people who aren't using
the very latest hardware and software -- something that not only can
the majority of people not do because of economics, but also something
the Earth could not sustain. The digital divide is *much* more than
just lack of access to networking tech.

Jayne Cravens, MSc
http://www.coyotecommunications.com/
Bonn, Germany