Magda,

Have you used OLPC? It does not have the speed I would like, but it has XP
and MS Office and several Linux based applications. Does that sound like
something not good for you and me? How many adults played with Nintendo? Who
was it made for?

Better to take a good look at what you are trying to evaluate. At least the
doubts I see in your communication may be addressed. How about this.. I have
been using a PC since 1984, have used Macs, bought a dozen PCs and laptops
in teh intervening years and even now I prefer to use Sony Vaio T 250..
until I saw the $200 XO.. At a fraction of the price of T250 I get a dozen
more convenient features and I just wish it had 1 GB ram instead of 256 and
I will use a laptop that looks good for kids any day..

Its as much of a PC as any PC is.. At $200 its a steal, feature by feature
and more.. but for the speed.. But once they bring in 4GB flash memory in
the next few months, it will be as good as any. Dell has just announced its
halfway to XO today..