Burt Lum wrote:

> I second Dave's sentiment. What about all of us Mac OSX users? I'd be
> cranking away at it if it was available. Shucks.

Good point.  Their download page[1] further extends the divide:

<quote>
Something you should know about Google Earth (beta)...

Google Earth is a broadband, 3D application that not all computers can run.

    * Apple Macintosh computers are not supported at this time (but we are
working on it).
    * Windows-based desktop PCs older than 4 years old may not be able to
run it.
    * Windows-based notebook PCs older than 2 years old may not be able to
run it.

<end quote>

:mw

[1]Google earth download page: http://desktop.google.com/download/earth/