Le 06/11/2012 17:46, Walter Bright a écrit :
On 11/6/2012 8:27 AM, deadalnix wrote:
OK, I may break all the happiness of that news but . . .

Tuple in D is notoriously known to be a badly designed feature. Basing
more
stuff on that just because we have them is short sighted and will only
result in
D's tuples being broken forever, several tuples implementations for
more user
confusion, or future major breakage.

The only real trouble with tuples is that functions can't return them.

If it is the only problem, we have a pandemic spread of hallucinogen trance amongs D users.

We still don't have any scheme for a stable D, feature testing or
whatever,

Are you aware of the test suite and the auto-tester?

Yes, I'm also aware I hit compiler bugs on a daily basis, that my codebase is full of workaround on some of them.

Let's not talk these awesome static code analysis tools, java would
become jealous.

I have no idea what your point is.

My point is that we have no tooling. Project exists, but they all ends up dead at some point or ends up not caring about compatibility that much (I'm aware of at least 3 serious D like projects that dropped dmd compatibility after spending quite a lot of time on it).

The situation is really bad in that regard (many stuff are implementation defined, or even not defined at all because the implementation is known to be buggy), and adding surprise, half specified features are really not helping.

If you have no idea what my point is, I'm probably wasting my time working on D.