On Wednesday, 2 January 2013 at 20:38:36 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Windows has gotten better in this regard, that is true.

But it's still bizarre that, with Thunderbird, you can export/import the address book, but not the mail database.

A welcome improvement would be to have a button to export/import the whole farkin' thing.

Instead, when I installed TB on my laptop, I had to open the account settings on my desktop, and screen by screen, manually copy the data into my laptop TB install. A long and tedious and error-prone process, as there are endless screens and config settings.

Portable software is your friend.

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/thunderbird_portable