On 3/26/2013 2:38 AM, Rory McGuire wrote:
Thanks I remember about the -profile switch but I don't see memory usage there.

-profile and -cov do not track memory usage.

If you see your program using more and more memory even though it should not be
how do you check where the problem is?

I've written memory usage profilers before, but haven't done one for D. You're the first to ask for one.

> What would I use in D to profile heap usage? Would I be able to find the problem area as quickly?

What you can do is use -cov and see how often particular calls to new are done. This will give a pretty good clue as to where memory consumption is coming from.