Awesome thanks, thought what I did there was dodgy. It was really weird
when this() started multiple schedulers at least now I see the obvious
reason.

BTW: gist is at: https://gist.github.com/rjmcguire/6336931

Could someone point me at the correct linked list to use inside the
channel. I'd prefer to use a range container of some kind if it exists in
the std lib. I tried SList and had a bad experience hence the custom
implementation.