I haven't had a problem with compile times. Ideally the test code should be small and well-separated into modules so I'm not too worried about that (the compile-time scanning only happens on the test modules).

As for the registration, it was one of my goals to not have to do any. You could still conceivably loop at compile-time with a foreach on a tuple and generate the required test functions / classes. In my experience there's usually no need for that kind of thing, but YMMV.

However I use a different approach, which I find easier to handle: I'm using the build-in unittest blocks to register delegates as tests in a central table. These than get executed by a test runner in main().

This way you can register multiple tests using i.e. a loop over sample data or something similar. And it's very easy to implement and has almost no impact on compile time.