On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 11:58:14 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
I confess that I don't understand why anyone is creating any unit test projects for D, and I'd likely vote against any attempt to add such a thing to Phobos. D has built in unit testing functionality, and it works great. Maybe some additional assert-like functions could be useful (similar to assertThrown or assertNotThrown), but we really don't need much beyond what the language
provides.

- Jonathan m Davis

I have to almost completely disagree with you here. I often find myself rolling my own small testing extensions for the built in unittests, and a standard solution is sorely needed. The only thing I agree with you on is that any such solution would probably be better off not overriding assertion behaviour, but as Dicebot said, that's no longer necessary.