On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 14:22:31 UTC, qznc wrote:
The descriptions I found usually sound like system testing is a special case of integration testing, where you simply integrate all components.

There is a certain terminology issue here as system testing may apply to both certain program on its own (and thus come before integration one) and software platform as a whole (being essentially final integration test of all components).

I personally favor hierarchical separation into unit -> functional -> integration.