On 16/11/2013 10:11, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-11-15 17:15, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

I'd very much welcome any reports of things that you think maybe be a
defect with DDT (or CDT). If GDB works from the command line, it should
work from Eclipse as well.
A few things to watch for:
Seems like a 32-bit GDB can only debug 32-bit binaries, and a 64 bit GDB
can only debug 64 bit binaries. And you if you try otherwise you won't
get a clear error message, so it can be confusing.

Is that a limitation in DDT/CDT?

No, there's no inherent limitation in DDT/CDT regarding that.
But I was mistaken, that limitation I think is only for the GDB in the TDM-GCC suite: "You can't use a 32-bit version of GDB to debug a 64-bit program. This is why the version of GDB provided with the TDM64 edition is a 64-bit-only program. You need to use a 32-bit version of GDB, such as the one provided by the MinGW.org project, to debug 32-bit programs."
http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/quirks

I'm not sure how it is on GDB on Linux.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer