On Wednesday, 11 December 2013 at 09:13:05 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
This collection of "anything" includes local tracking branches people might already use, a simple "git pull" won't work anymore. Thus, it's very much not just an abstract inconvenience – it might be trivial to fix, but less Git-savy people might not immediately know how to handle the situation.

That may sound very impolite but last thing I want to care about are "less Git-savy" people that refuse to learn. Resetting local tracking branch is common part of normal git workflow. It is not even advanced stuff. When I am speaking about "anything" I imply "anything released / deployed" - there is no practical value in adhering to local development branch history other than removing requirement to be familiar with `git reset` basics. If someone among developers participating in 2.065 is not familiar with it, it is a major problem in those developers, not in git flow.

I am continuously outraged by the fact that someone may find acceptable to willingly ignore one of most important tools involved in development / release process.