On 2014-02-14 15:07, Daniel Murphy wrote:

It's probably platform dependent, I guess it should work everywhere that
C supports TLS.

Well, on OS X it's natively supported on since 10.7 but DMD still uses emulated TLS:

Dynamic cast can be disabled.

Sure, but should it be an error or be replaced with a static cast?

static this/~this is tougher.  If it is possible for it to work, then
it should.  I feel that this is more of a language feature.

These might work with init sections, but maybe not.

similarly, I'd expect scope(exit) to still work.

With no exceptions, scope(xxx) will work just fine.

Similarly, try-catch will be valid, just not throwing.

profiling and code coverage are fine left out, since other tools can
fill the same task.

Yah.

It would be nice if assert didn't depend on the runtime, but it's easy
enough to implement.  conditional, message and  exit();

mmm...

unittests are out as well.

Most likely.

Theoretically it should be possible to just disabled the ModuleInfo part and then use __traits(getUnitTests) instead.

I don't think it's worth throwing out assert over.  A runtime that
supported assert + Object would be about 8 lines and would IMO be
worthwhile.

Perhaps leave the assert handler, which could be overridden, which could default to a halt like assert(0) does in release mode?

--
/Jacob Carlborg