On Sunday, 16 February 2014 at 22:48:51 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
On 2/16/14, Dicebot <pub...@dicebot.lv> wrote:
No, it should just serialize the pointed value and make the same difference upon deserialization - if it is a value, write to it,
otherwise allocate new instance on heap and assign its address.

Speaking of related things like pointers and cyclic references I have
support for this in my fork of msgpack, but the problem is that
msgpack is a defined format, so you can't arbitrarily implement your
own features without breaking the format:

It's 11:48 PM here in case I'm completely off topic. :P

I just commented.
Maybe, we can support cyclic references by using ext type.

I will try it.