On Friday, 21 February 2014 at 21:50:21 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On 2/21/2014 3:57 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:

For $59.90 Walter could get a class 2 organization verification for Digital Mars and do code signing so we can get rid of that scary message when people run the installer. We use StartSSL for our code signing and
website SSL and are happy with it.

I think it's pretty much standard practice in the Windows world to ignore that warning. I've seen very little software that does bother with that code signing.

I think it's ignored by users like you and I but at my work we'd get worried calls from our customers thinking our installer was unsafe so we ended up adding code signing.