On 2/21/2014 5:50 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Friday, 21 February 2014 at 21:50:21 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On 2/21/2014 3:57 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:

For $59.90 Walter could get a class 2 organization verification for
Digital Mars and do code signing so we can get rid of that scary message
when people run the installer. We use StartSSL for our code signing and
website SSL and are happy with it.

I think it's pretty much standard practice in the Windows world to
ignore that warning. I've seen very little software that does bother
with that code signing.

I think it's ignored by users like you and I but at my work we'd get
worried calls from our customers thinking our installer was unsafe so we
ended up adding code signing.

Perhaps so. Although FWIW, there's also a *lot* of average-joe users (I personally know far too many) who flat-out *refuse* to read any word that ever appears on their screen. These retards^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpeople^H^H^H^H^H^Hworthless wastes of carbon view "words" as things to be immediately shoo'ed away in a frenzy of mindless clicking and "How do I make this go away?!?!?" (Me: "Uhh, make what...well What does it say?" The Retard: "I dunno. I didn't read it." "[silently:]FFFUUUUCCCKKKKK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!").

To be perfectly honest I actually *am* genuinely surprised to hear of the existence of retards who actually *do* read words on screens. Sounds almost like a paradise of geniuses compared to the bullshit I've always had to put up with.