On Saturday, 22 February 2014 at 06:59:00 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Perhaps so. Although FWIW, there's also a *lot* of average-joe users (I personally know far too many) who flat-out *refuse* to read any word that ever appears on their screen. These retards^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpeople^H^H^H^H^H^Hworthless wastes of carbon view "words" as things to be immediately shoo'ed away in a frenzy of mindless clicking and "How do I make this go away?!?!?" (Me: "Uhh, make what...well What does it say?" The Retard: "I dunno. I didn't read it." "[silently:]FFFUUUUCCCKKKKK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!").

To be perfectly honest I actually *am* genuinely surprised to hear of the existence of retards who actually *do* read words on screens. Sounds almost like a paradise of geniuses compared to the bullshit I've always had to put up with.

And this is where if you're doing IT support, you add a nice little clause which requires them to read, and tell you any message they get. If they don't, well there won't be any stress on your end ;)