22-Feb-2014 13:12, Walter Bright пишет:
On 2/22/2014 12:43 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
This. And since the site isn't dynamic and doesn't transmit private
data the
advantage of self-signed cert is highly dubious ;)

There isn't any private data on the site, it's just getting on the
"https everywhere" bandwagon.

Yes, and then you get nothing useful - self-signed certificate doesn't prove the authenticity of your website.

Hence it's both useless and potentially harmful due to browser barking on the self-signed crap and scaring our users away.

Either get a CA-signed cert or we are much better off with plain HTTP.

--
Dmitry Olshansky