Am 22.02.2014 13:49, schrieb extrawurst:
On Saturday, 22 February 2014 at 12:07:39 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
Am 22.02.2014 12:24, schrieb Paulo Pinto:
Am 22.02.2014 10:44, schrieb Sönke Ludwig:

The Windows installer seems not to like being installed via UAC as the
Administrator gets the PATH configured, not the user that started the
installer.

--
Paulo

Going by the installer script, it should install to the global PATH
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) variable, not to the user's (or Adminstrator's)
one. Are you sure that the latter is the case for you?

There is also a ticket to enable per-user installation from
unprivileged accounts. I'll try to look into that topic, too, for the
next release (need to read up on the proper NSIS options/plugins).

Just installed on my win7 machine without problems, on win8 on the other
hand authorization was required... strange

What is the default UAC level on your system? By default it is one notch below authentication for any kind of change.

I always configure it for full authentication no matter what.

--
Paulo