On 3/11/14, 4:18 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:
On 2014-03-11 20:28:58 +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> said:

On 3/11/14, 11:23 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
[1] http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP43
[2] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dmd/tree/d-objc

Wow, this is fantastic. Congratulations!

Upon a quick scan, the DIP seems tasteful and well put together. Let's
see how to merge this into dmd!

Honestly, I don't think it's ready to be part of the official
distribution (no memory management being the worse issue). But it
doesn't mean it shouldn't be merged. You need to compile it with the
D_OBJC define to get a compiler with Objective-C capabilities, which
means that those capabilities don't necessarily need to be part of the
official distribution even if the changes are merged.

So merge ahead.

Also, I'll be glad to participate in the review given I wrote most of
that code.

Great. Jacob, what's your plan to take this forward? We're very interested in merging this as part of the official D compiler.

Andrei