Seems I spoke too soon. Tech support has yet to remove the file, the problem is back, and the site has been blacklisted again. What's more, it seems that the support guy who offered to delete the file overstepped his authority. Because now I get this from them:

"If you need assistance cleaning your account and fixing the security holes for you site, we offer a low cost service option called Managed Shared Hosting. For the service fee of $39.95, we can create a work order to investigate and fix your issue."

Screw these guys. Looks like I'll have to get the VPS set up and transfer the domain before I can get off the blacklist for good.