On Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 19:44:01 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
Really? What I got out of it was that D doesn't need people like him because his job is to explain the inconsistencies of the language. By designing a consistent language in the first place, people can readily understand it in all context thereby eliminating the need for people like him.

Another point is that D is still small enough that we have time to fix things before they get out of control.

(One of my favorite parts of this talk is when he points out that you need parenthesis in a specific kind of lambda just because the committee forgot to update the grammar specification.)