On Sunday, 1 June 2014 at 20:48:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 6/1/2014 1:17 PM, Tobias Pankrath wrote:
On Sunday, 1 June 2014 at 18:46:18 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
https://lkuper.github.io/blog/2014/05/31/your-next-conference-should-have-real-time-captioning/

I know I'd find this very useful - what do you guys think?

I definitively prefer reading over watching video (and I've got the feeling I'm
not alone). Wouldn't spend a single buck for this though.

To publish the slides along with a text version of the talk would be an
alternative.

You're not alone. I can read a transcript far, far faster than watching a video.

The point is: real time captioning is not faster than listening regardless of your reading speed. It's useful for people you cannot hear properly, but I'd say our efforts are better spend with proper text version of talks published later.