On Monday, 16 June 2014 at 06:51:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

Pretty cool idea. Are you aware of that in D you can, at compile time, parse the doc string and generate a command line parser for that particular documentation.

I wondered about that, after looking at the compile-time regex
stuff, which is pretty darn cool.

Looking at the git example [1], it seems a bit complicated and verbose to use after parsing. To determine which arguments was passed to the application.

[1] https://github.com/rwtolbert/docopt.d/blob/master/examples/git/gitD.d

While that is true, I'd argue that if you are writing an app with
a command line that complicated, then you have your work cut out
for you no matter what the system is you use.

Bob