On Saturday, 30 August 2014 at 11:19:55 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On 8/30/2014 5:38 AM, Gary Willoughby wrote:

˙ǝƃɐnƃuɐן uʍo ɹıǝɥʇ ǝʇıɹʍ ɹo ʞɐǝds pןnoɥs ʎǝɥʇ ʍoɥ uo ǝןdoǝd ɥsıןƃuƎ ʇɔǝɹɹoɔ oʇ ƃuıʎɹʇ sʎɐʍןɐ ǝɹɐ ǝןdoǝd ɥsıןƃuƎ-uou ʇɐɥʇ snoıɹɐןıɥ ʇı puıɟ
sʎɐʍןɐ I

I'm a native English speaker. Uncapitalized "I" makes a writer come across like a common leet-speak obsessed immature script kiddy. I know you're not one though, which makes it all the more puzzling.

Defend it all you want, argue that it doesn't matter...but it still makes yourself look bad. And for what worthwhile benefit?

(I think native speakers tend to gloss such things over because they've already seen it so much they've become accustomed to tuning out anyone writing in such styles.)

It's not my intent to be insulting here, but the level of insistence on deliberately using and defending such a trivial, and self-defeating, rebelling is just...really??

While we're on the subject of capitalization styles we find distracting, I find the German Practice of capitalizing every Noun in a Sentence extremely distracting. I remember reading an older version of Gulliver's Travels that was written in this style, and it was quite annoying.