On Sunday, 7 September 2014 at 20:07:20 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
On Sunday, 7 September 2014 at 18:14:33 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Wednesday, 3 September 2014 at 19:38:44 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
Version 1.1.0 is out now. It provides the :DUjump command for jumping to the declaration of the symbol under the cursor. If DCD is not running, Dscanner will be used instead. You can also give :DUjump the symbol as an argument - in this case it'll always use Dscanner(since DCD only supports getting the symbol by byte position).

GitHub repo: https://github.com/idanarye/vim-dutyl
vim.org page: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=5003

Can DUjump be set to open in a new window (internal to vim, not a new instance of vim)? For an example of why this would be better: you can't currently use DUjump if the file has unsaved changes.

Sure, no problem, I'll get to it in the next release.

To be consistent with other Vim commands I'm gonna add :DUsjump and DUvjump for jumping in new windows.

I also plan on adding the bang option - :DUjump!(and it's split variants) - which will force it to use Dscanner even if DCD is running. I find that sometimes it's becoming too complicated for DCD to follow the declarations chain all the way to the source, and Dscanner - which gets the symbol from the command line arguments instead of a getting a byte position in a file - performs better. Even if it can't filter to find the exact declaration that I'm looking for, it displays multiple options that the one I'm looking for is among them, which is better than DCD that can't follow the entire chain and finds nothing.

Annnnnnnd... it's done. :DUsjump and :DUvjump will split the window before they jump. Also added the bang version.

I'm not making a new release yet(I still want to add another feature before that), but it's in the develop branch in GitHub.