On Wednesday, 3 September 2014 at 19:38:44 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
Version 1.1.0 is out now. It provides the :DUjump command for jumping to the declaration of the symbol under the cursor. If DCD is not running, Dscanner will be used instead. You can also give :DUjump the symbol as an argument - in this case it'll always use Dscanner(since DCD only supports getting the symbol by byte position).

GitHub repo: https://github.com/idanarye/vim-dutyl
vim.org page: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=5003

Very nice, thanks!
This seems to be the best solution for using D with vim right now, I really need to try it out.

Wouldn't it be better if all this functionality you build in a vim only solution be integrated into DCD instead? This way all sorts of compilers and maybe IDEs would benefit from it and AFAIK there is already a request for DCD to add dub support.
The YouCompleteMe problem would be solved too I guess.