On Thursday, 4 December 2014 at 04:02:49 UTC, Mike wrote:
On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 19:42:39 UTC, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
On 12/2/14, 6:41 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

I had to maintain a technical forum last year that was getting spammed like crazy. I added the question "how many bits are in a byte?", and the spam vanished. Based on that experience, I think the bar can be set very low.

Surely you mean "how many bits in an octet" ;-)

I prefer something like the examples above. Honestly, I don't know what the names of many syntax features are, but I usually know how to use and interpret them. But, one positive side effect of this is that if I ever do get challenged with a "what is the name of this feature?" question, I will finally be motivated to go look it up.

Mike