On Monday, 8 December 2014 at 11:08:36 UTC, Shriramana Sharma via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
Please do post updates here. I think it would be a great show-casing of D's
capabilities.

Just a suggestion and I may be totally off mark here, but will you have it directly output machine code? Or just the front end? I keep hearing praises of LLVM back-end so if your compiler outputs the LLVM IR code then maybe
you can have the rest of the benefit from LLVM.

But of course, if this is a PoC that D Caen be used to write a full
compiler to output machine code then LLVM's off...

I want to do a C backend first.
Building an LLVM Backand out of that is a small step.