On 3/2/15 11:08 AM, CraigDillabaugh wrote:
Unfortunately our organizational proposal for the 2015 Google Summer of
Code was rejected.  Thanks to everyone who helped out on this,
especially to those who volunteered to mentor.

I've asked Google to provide me with feedback, and I will post that here
once/if I get something from them.

If I am not asked to resign I am happy to volunteer for this post again
next year. Hopefully I can learn something from this year and any
feedback they provide.

Thanks, Craig. I'm glad you asked, please follow through politely if at first you don't get an answer; Carol is very nice but (a) at this point in the GSoC timeline she's super busy, and (b) she won't reply to any question about rejection that alleges unfairness. So a kind request for what we can do in the future to improve our chances might fare well.

We've done well, I think, in 2011 and 2012 (except for the one student who failed to deliver) so something about our reporting might have failed GSoC's expectations.

Andrei