On Tuesday, 3 March 2015 at 01:07:25 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
Comparing our application with that of the accepted language projects might yield some insight. I ran a cursory read of Clojure's idea page
and on first sight it seems comparable to ours'. -- Andrei

Indeed, this year our ideas page and the mentors list were much better.
http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2015_Ideas

http://scala-lang.org/gsoc/2015.html

I will definitely have to check out the winning bids from other languages for 2015 and 'borrow' some ideas for next year's version.