On Friday, 20 March 2015 at 14:36:51 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
I wasn't referring to the vim vs IDE holy debate. I often use IDE myself but never use interal build systems tied to IDE - mostly for portability reasons. It is good to know that your project will always be built the same way - on local development box, in packaging script, on headless CI box.

Which is one of the reasons I use CMake ^_^. It ensures the build button in your IDE behaves the same as make, regardless of which box the code is built on.

Semantics analysis you can get by simply opening .d file in CDT project is very limited compared to opening dub project because it can't know the import paths for dependencies or pretty much anything about project structure apart from opened file. This isn't much.

It seems you are right that it *is* limited, but it shouldn't be. CMake emits include/import paths into the project structure. I had thought it emitted into .project, but evidently emits into .cproject. If DDT supported a .dproject I could also emit, I could get it to work.

.dproject is exactly dub.json

As I said in my response to Bruno earlier, this still requires dub for things to work, which isn't an acceptable solution. A real .dproject would not require tools outside of Eclipse/DDT to function, and would preferably be similar to .project and .cproject.

I don't really understand the part about putting paths to .project though

That was a misunderstanding of Eclipse internals on my part. When the basic case of completing symbols from phobos worked, I just assumed that those include directories were being written to a portable place, since I hadn't done anything special for Eclipse project generation.

how it can possibly put something that is language specific there?

Include directories are not language specific, at least not in CMake.
              • Re: ... Ben Boeckel via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Ben Boeckel via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Trent Forkert via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Trent Forkert via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: DDT ... Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Ben Boeckel via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: DDT 0.11.0 re... Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: DDT 0.11.0 re... Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: DDT 0.11.0 released (pleas... Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce