On Thursday, 26 March 2015 at 08:39:14 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Wed, 2015-03-25 at 14:00 -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

The reaction in the Go community to this article has been exactly as
one would have anticipated. I paraphrase the common theme thus:
 Go is
successful in the market, D isn't, therefore Go is a better language than D. Go does indeed have much greater market penetration, but I leave it as an exercise for the reader to deduce the sophistry, and
indeed casuistry, in most of the argumentation.

By this standard, Go is much worse than C++, Java, or even C, which they pretend to be a better version of.