On Sat, 2015-03-28 at 11:16 +0000, ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> […]
> hm. yes, that was "coroutines on steroids".

But that's the point isn't it:

1. Processes are too heavyweight, invent threads.
2. We have masses of cores, let's map threads to cores via the kernel.
3. Processes and threads are too heavyweight, invent lightweight
threads (aka fibres, sort of).

It could be argued that it is all just co-routines underneath, but I
think that would be missing the point that we have 55 years more
experience of doing these things since that single processor operating
system model was created. We really should be doing this all a lot
better these days.

Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: rus...@winder.org.uk